High Street Project – Teacher CPD
Following the success of our ‘Model School’ CPD workshops in May 2011 Architecture + Design Scotland are pleased to offer the next in the series: High Street. Developed and delivered by facilitators who specialise in architecural education this is high quality training for creative teaching.
Like Model School before it High Street is an interactive, creative, cross-curricular project for upper primary/lower secondary students. Comprising a series of lessons that could be a fully immersive, week-long project or spread out over a longer period to allow for further development, this project focuses on the built environment and social aspects of the High Street through almost every curriculum area. Tackling issues such as sustainability, community, heritage and citizenship, students are guided through a challenging and enjoyable creative process with relevance to their own environment. Curriculum for Excellence experiences and outcomes from mathematics, sciences, technologies, social studies, literacy and expressive arts are covered by the project making it truly interdisciplinary.
The 2 ½ hour twilight CPD workshops introduce teachers to the resource and guide them through the lessons giving them practical, hands-on experience and building confidence along the way. Staff will leave the session feeling more confident about their ability to teach built environment education and architecture.
The High Street project is supported by a printed resource which will be provided to participants in the workshops. It is also available to download here.
If you would like to be a host school or if you wish to organise a session at a school or in your area please contact:
email@example.com or 0141 225 8351
Short film of workshop.
Teacher Feedback on ‘High Street’ CPD workshops:
- Loved both workshops! Looking forward to trying out with pupils.
- Fantastic CPD – more please.
- Excellent and innovative ideas for the classroom – thank you.
- Excellent course – very engaging and will provide a strong basis for our CfE courses in the school and potentially across the authority.
- This was an excellent course with excellent support materials – Thank you.
- This was an excellent and worthwhile course. Lots to think about and very usable in the classroom.