SURF’s annual awards process is delivered in partnership with the Scottish Government. It is open to all community regeneration projects in Scotland that are currently in place or that have been completed within two years of the closing date. The purpose of the Awards is:
- To recognise and reward best practice and innovation in community regeneration;
- To promote and disseminate best practice across Scotland as means of sharing knowledge and experience, and thereby enhancing future policy and practice;
- To highlight the role that regeneration projects have in improving the wellbeing of individuals and communities.
The SURF Awards has been running since 1998. It provides an opportunity for regeneration projects of all sizes to demonstrate value to funders and partners, support team-building and develop a national profile. SURF Award winners also receive additional showcase opportunities through SURF activities throughout the following year.
The 2018 SURF Awards
This year marks the 2oth Anniversary of the Awards and this will be celebrated in a number of different ways throughout the year.
- Creative Regeneration
- Community Led Regeneration
- Youth Employability: Overcoming Barriers
- Scotland’s Most Improved Place
- 12th June: Awards open for applications
- 17th September: Application period closes at 5pm
- Mid-Sept – Nov: Assessment, shortlisting and site visits by 20 independent judging panel experts
- 6th Dec – Results announced at a celebratory Dinner in the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
Find out more about applying for the Awards here.
(Updated 13 June 2018)