The Scottish Ecological Design Association (SEDA)
Friday, 25 April 2014 from 09:30 to 16:30 (PDT)
Venue: 15 Rutland Square, EDINBURGH, EH1 2BE (RIAS offices Edinburgh)
The aim of the research conference is to re-activate the research section of SEDA in 2014 by inviting both SEDA members and non-members to present their current research in ecological matters. The idea is for the speakers to deliver a presentation with a Q&A session lasting up to 25 minutes.
The day will be split between a morning session for academic presentations and an afternoon session where professionals (Architects, engineers, designers, environmentalist) can present their work. A total of 8 speakers will be eligible to talk (4 morning + 4 afternoon) with two key note speakers in between.
KEY NOTE SPEAKERS:
- Prof Sandy Liddell Halliday BSc(Hons) MPhil CEng MCIBSE FRSA
- Prof Susan Roaf, School of the Built Environment, Heriot-Watt University
Confirmed session speakers:
- Richard Atkins, DIP ARCH (Edin), RIBA, FRIAS, CHARTERED ARCHITECT
- Dr David Jenkins, Urban Energy Research Group, Heriot Watt University
- Prof Branka Dimitrijevic, School of Engineering and Built Environment, Glasgow Caledonian University
- David Somervell, Sustainability Adviser at University of Edinburgh
- Tsvetomila Duncheva & Dr Cristian Suau, Strathclyde University, Glasgow
Each speaker in both sessions will need to submit a written description of their research and findings in pdf format for it to be uploaded to the SEDA research depository which can be accessed for further reading.
If you want to be a speaker at this event please contact Julio Bros W at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All slide shows for the conference can be given to the organising team on the day of the event and before your slot.
Only 30 places are available for attendees of this event so please book your place asap.
Please Register Here