The lead roofing CPD looks at how to design lead into repair and restoration of traditional buildings.
Highlighting on best practice for the laying of lead and examples of what happens when it is done wrongly.
Topics covered in the CPD include:
- Platforms – covers flat areas
- Watergates – joining stone and slate
- Weatherings – to cornices and parapet walls
- Cladding – wall dormers
- Gutters – centre valley, tapered box
- Flashings – abutments
- Aprons – bottom of windows, slopes etc
This free CPD will be delivered by Steve McLennan of the National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC)