Sharing Learning: We know there is good practice happening across Scotland. There are a lot of good people working hard in their area to make things better. We also know that it can be hard to find out about what other people are doing. How can you find support from colleagues facing similar issues? A&DS shares good practice, help build connections and support confidence in new approaches.
HOW WE HELP
Architecture and Design Scotland can help share learning and help build capacity by:
- Creating space for professionals to share and explore similar issues.
- Sharing good practice from projects and people we work with
- Drawing out and sharing what we have learned from our own work
- Connecting communities to help share learning.
IMAGE/ANIMATION OF THE PROMOTE/ADVICE/LEARN
- Local Authority Urban Design Forum (LAUDF): a forum for professionals working in urban design across Scotland’s local authorities.
- Public Sector Client Forum: through a series of networking and training events this forum facilitates discussion across the public sector on shared issues, experience and good practice.
- Making Places: a pilot project to provide support for community placemaking projects across Scotland. This includes. a series of events and resources.
- Local Authority Skills: training for staff in Local Authorities particularly aimed at developing planning and housing officers skills in briefing for housing, assessing and promoting good design in housing layouts and community engagement techniques.
- Local Design Review Panels: support to local panels to assist them to share practice and learning, and tailored support to new panels in establishment.
- Material Considerations: training events, delivered in partnership with a range of organisations, for built environment students and professionals on sustainable construction and materials.
“I enjoyed the spread of presentations and workshops ranging from housing regeneration, self build to major urban expansion projects – all pertinent to my current workload and those being faced in my own authority.” – Attendee at LAUDF event.
Find Out More
Want us to keep in touch? Click here to sign up to our newsletter.
If you want to explore our work check out our Focus Areas and our variety of Service offers here.
If you can’t find what you are looking for but think that we can help please just get in touch!