The built environment influences everyone’s lives – from the places we live, work and study in to the places we go to be inspired. We work with partners to ensure that design is central when we plan our places.
Scotland can become a ‘design nation’. That means infusing policy, planning, procurement and places with design excellence. This would elevate our collective prosperity; socially, culturally, environmentally and economically.
A&DS works to promote the significant added value good design has for our environment and communities. We must also ensure that design talent is nurtured in Scotland. This can only happen if design is appreciated and central to how we improve our places; cities, towns, neighbourhoods, buildings and landscapes.
HOW WE HELP
Some of the ways A&DS promotes the value of design includes:
- Sharing information about architecture and design in Scotland through our website and our monthly newsletters.
- Collating case studies and examples of how design adds value to projects – here is a set of case studies on sustainable projects.
- Our extensive experience of producing exhibitions and events.
- Promoting Scotland’s architecture on the international stage, including Scotland’s contribution to the International Architecture exhibition at La Biennale di Venezia.
- Together with the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) we organise and promote Annual Student Awards. This helps to highlight the talent developed at Scotland’s schools of architecture.
“A&DS is one of the most innovative organisations working in design and environment today” Lesley Martin (via Twitter)
Find Out More
Want us to keep in touch? Click here to sign up to our newsletter.
If you want to explore our work check out more about OUR WORK and our variety of Service offers here.
If you can’t find what you are looking for but think that we can help please just get in touch!