Making Things Last: a circular economy strategy for Scotland was launched in 2016. This strategy aims to build a strong economy, protect our resources and support the environment.
This event will explore how the Circular Economy can be adopted in Scottish design and construction. It will look at:
- Circular Economy Planning statements and designing in circularity.
- Embedding circular principles in construction.
- A showcase of emerging Scottish circular economy building materials and models.
We think this event will be of interest to Architects, Specifiers, Clients and Contractors. This event has been delivered as part of a collaboration between Architecture and Design Scotland and Zero Waste Scotland.
Confirmed Speakers and Topics:
Chair: Lynn Wilson, A&DS Board Member
Delivering the Circular Economy – Nick Ribbons, Zero Waste Scotland
Designing in circularity – Chris Morgan, John Gilbert Architects
Whole Earth Futures – Doug Morwood
Thinking circular @ BAM: a contractor’s perspective – Julia Messenger
Circular materials and models
Materials in Development – World Café presentations.
- East Africa Sisal – John Ferguson
2. MacRebur – Sarah Lakin
3. Kenoteq – Gabriela Medrero
4. Egg Lighting – Brian O’Reilly
14.30 – Chairs summary of world café sessions.
Opportunities in Glass – Graeme De Brincat ARUP
Opportunities for Scotland – Allan Sandilands, Resource Futures
Materials library and visit – A&DS