This Stone Federation Great Britain CPD is based on relevant sections of a number of British Standards, Codes of Practice and other trade documents.
It sets out the current best practice for the selection of natural stone for larger cladding, flooring, paving and masonry projects.
This CPD considers the important issues relating to the:
- The use and interpretation of samples
- The role of the quarry, mine or processing factory visit in stone selection
- Evaluation of technical properties
- The standards and information you should expect from your chosen supplier
- Touch on CE Marking which is coming next year
- And if necessary, a couple of points on a successful testing regime.
It should help to avoid some common pitfalls and is designed to assist you, the specifier, along with your clients, to make some informed decisions when selecting a suitable stone for your projects.
This CPD should be of interest to: Architects; Planners; Students; and Surveyors.
This CPD is accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects, please feel free to bring your own lunch.