Architecture and Design Scotland is here to help people create a well-designed built environment which supports sustainable, resilient communities. We can only do this by using the talent, energy and skills of our staff and our shared values.
As an organisation we are inquisitive, generous, accountable, open and supportive, and by enacting these values and incorporating them into our work we will be able deliver a fair and resilient organisation.
We believe in the power of design to improve people’s lives
We are: generous
We are generous with our time, ideas and experience
- We assume good intent.
- We have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- We all promote a fun and energised work environment safe for everyone.
We contribute constructively to teams.
We are: open
We are open and approachable
- We listen to others’ ideas and viewpoints, and we provide constructive feedback.
- We share lessons – good and bad.
- We deal with issues directly, consistently and openly.
- We learn from success and mistakes in equal measure.
We are: accountable
We keep promises that we make and do our work with integrity.
- We trust each other to do our work.
- We involve people in decisions that impact them.
- We take responsibility for our own work.
- We make sure we are clear on how our work supports the goals of A&DS.
We are: inquisitive
We are curious and seek creative solutions
- We seek out and share information.
- We seek to innovate and simplify processes.
- We are open to feedback and learning.
We are: supportive
We support people and organisations to be their best.
- We value diversity and fairness.
- We provide and receive feedback constructively.
- We value honest reflection and sharing
- We show respect