We are currently developing an online database of the Materials hosted in Material Considerations: A Library of Sustainable Building Materials. Supported by Forestry Commission Scotland and Zero Waste Scotland the web resource will showcase sustainable, traditional, innovative, recycled and low carbon building materials.
The resource will interest construction professionals, architects, builders, home-owners and students alike and offers the opportunity for visitors to:
- Browse and compare materials
- Search materials by type, origin and typical use
- View case studies of the materials in use in Scottish projects, from houses to visitor centres
- View relevant events and training
- Find related publications and guidance on construction innovation, sustainable design, resource efficiency and low carbon buildings.
If you would like to be informed when the Materials Library web resource has launched please sign up for our newsletter here